Today I made three new baits. All of pine. I make everything except the hooks. They are like little, quick, art projects. Pine, carving, painting, clear coating, fishing.I have a video that shows their build from start to finish, and them in the water at the end.
Figured I'd post a quick project of my assembly/outfeed table. It is based on the Paulk workbench design with some changes. I had a bunch of 1/2” plywood so that's what I made it out of and I doubled the thickness in places to beef it up.It is 3'x6' so it fits in the shop and since it's on casters it can be rolled round the shop and up to the tablesaw or out onto the deck at the front of the shop when the weather is nice. I also made the legs so they can be taken off with a couple screws so the table can be broken down easily if I need to. You can see in the pics that the legs are 2 layers of 1/2” plywood glued and screwed with the edges alternating for strength with a single layer that slides into the top and held together with 1/4”-20 bolts into threaded inserts. The center rib is basically an I beam design with 3x layers of ply in the center and one on the top and bottom. It's fairly new but has held up well to what I've thrown at it so far.I didn't get pics but I divided the top in half and on one side I drilled 3/4” holes along the edges and on the other side I drilled it all every 4”. This allows me to use dogs and clamps but also a solid surface when I need it.I really like this design since it lets me store rulers, squares, pencils and other things that are needed all the time in the center and they're always at hand but not taking room on the top and getting in the way.Rock