I made the table using 2×8 yellow pine. I used a friend's festool domino to make the glue up go smoother. The stain is Watco Dark Walnut and finish is minwax wipe on poly satin. I used dominos and dowels to attach the breadboard ends. I enlongated the holes on the outside for the dowels to allow for wood movement.
I always wanted to build a Krenov-style standing cabinet but needed something larger for practical storage. The carcase is 3/4 birch plywood with a PSA-backed ash veneer and trimmed with 1/4 walnut. The doors are 3/4 walnut, assembled with pocket screws, with 1/4 plywood panels finished with ash veneer. I constructed the base with mortises made with a plunge router and my homemade mortising jig and loose tenons. I glued up some of the 22 degree waste pieces from the crown to make the door handles, gave them a nice flare. I had a little snafu with the veneer though. I have used PSA-backed peel and stick veneer multiple times but for some reason this time it bubbled up (probably because I did not apply a sealer first). Since I had already applied the trim, I ended up using a router and flat bit to skim off the veneer and glued in panels of 1/8 HDF with new veneer. Overall I very happy with the proportions of this piece and how it turned out.
Mrs. Fleamo wanted a new TV stand/cabinet for our family room. She bought me a nice HD 70 last Christmas so I had to oblige. She wanted to hide the shiny black speakers since we only use them for movies and they collect dust like some woodworkers collect planes. The faux drawers are held in by rare earth magnets. All home made with the exception of the fasteners, hinges and hardware.