A week ago I didn't know what a “scrunchie” was. Then my grand daughter asked me to make something to hold her scrunchies. I found out a scrunchie is like a rubber band to hold hair in a bun, duh. Luckily she drew the dimensions which were easy to follow. The first pole or stem was a bit ordinary so I did a fancier one. . Thanks for looking.
I finally got around to making a new table for my egg, to replace the “temporary stand” I threw together 6 years ago from 2×4s and cedar boards I had laying around. LONG overdue! Like most of my projects LOLI went with southern yellow pine for the frame, all M&T joinery glued with Epoxy. Didn't want to invest a lot into it as I might end up making another frame with drawers, no rush though! That's all coated with solid body stain.I wanted to be able to move it but didn't want to see wheels really, so I got some 5” casters and tossed the mounts, then used a piece of stainless rod between the legs on the left end. The axle is drilled for cotter pins to keep the wheels in position but as seen in the picture on sawhorses they can slide from side to side without the pins for painting. And repainting.The wheels hold the legs slightly off the ground and the other legs have plastic nail-on furniture sliders to do the same. It shouldn't ever be sitting in water this way.The top is deadhead cypress (aka sinker aka river recovered) from a local river and sawyer. ended up just over an inch thick. I used Penofin Blue Label on the top. I decided to make it the same size as the commercial offerings (60×30) so I could use an off-the-shelf cover, you can see that in one picture.Now I've got to cut some of the same wood to replace the tired handle on the egg too! That and figure out if I want to add a drawer on the bottom, it would be handy!
I have a couple silicone gluing mats that I use and needed someplace to store them when not in use. I bought some PVC pipe and used scrap wood to make this quick project. It works great and get the mats out of the way but handy. Thanks, Mitch