I added this addition to the saw sled I made up recently. The hardest thing about the walnut flip stop was finding a hinge mechanism without a ton of play in the rotator spacing. I also flipped the 45 degree to the other side of the adjustable fence, making it easier to set by putting it against the main fence. I am working on a way to hold the flip stop back, maybe a magnet in the flipper.Thank you Eric for the thought starter on this.
I recently replaced the back frame and slats of this garden bench for a client. He provided me with Ipe for the job. It was my first time working with Ipe and I found it easy to rip using a freshly sharpened Woodworker II blade. All routing was done using Fried router bits. The client applied five coats of General Finishes Exterior 450.
When my niece announced she was getting married the ideas on what to get/make for a gift started to flow. I landed on building a custom record player stand when I saw that she had a record player on her registry. I built this one from a reclaimed wood framed window and some scraps of barn wood from another project. The barn wood was oak and it was never painted, instead they had charred the outside surface to seal it. Not only did it look awesome, but it also had an excellent smoky smell.To retain the age and the char on the wood I only planned or sanded down the boards as necessary to removed splinters and rough surfaces. Once done I just did a few clear coats on all surfaces.The cabinet was made to support the record player on top. The lid as a small track to slide in the dust jacket for the current record. There are two shelves under the player; one is for 12 inch records and a shelf for 7 inch 45s. The cabinet is also equipped with casters to easily move it around.