After 3 weeks I eventually finished my 1912 Ford Commercial Roadster. I used the plan set plus the photo to add some extras. Lots of fine details to be dealt with but I did my best. The gas pump was some ideas I fiddled and came up with the one in the picture after a few modifications.
Several of these have been posted on LJ already. The plans are from Toys and Joys and I took some design mods and construction techniques from htl and dutchy (https://www.lumberjocks.com/projects/215074).It was a fun project. Much more time consuming than I anticipated. Making the hydraulics were part I had most fears about but that went very smoothly after I carefully leveled my drill press. While not too difficult, making the tracks took the longest. Some LJ's talk about loosing interest towards the end as the project takes so long - I get that. Originally, I thought I would do something different with the cab and it's interior but that was the last part I made and kept it stock to keep the work pace up.Working off blueprints leaves a lot of decisions that need to be made, and not all the ones I made were good ones. When making the undercarriage/trucks, I drilled all the holes for the wheels before making the tracks - this resulted in an extremely tight track fit with a lot of resistance and binding on movement. I stuffed a few blocks between the assembled track and rollers for a few days to stretch it-out which helped some, but once I had a few coats of tung oil on it everything spun freely.