My wife has some really awesome gardens and has always wanted a sun room in the main one. Since I'm always looking for the next project this looked like a good one to do this summer. I started it on June 1 and finished on Labor Day and worked on it almost daily. It has insulation, electricity, and Ipe(Brazilian Walnut ) flooring that I found on Craigslist for under a dollar a square foot. Most of the wood is Western Red Cedar that I either have been hoarding over the years or had a local sawmill cut for me. The ceiling is 1×12 old growth clear VG Cedar that I ship lapped that I salvaged from a former sawmill owner's house built in 1957. I made all the door and window jambs and trimwork and found all the doors and windows at local salvage stores and Craigslist and rehabbed before installing. A fun project but I have to admit I'm a little burned out.
Here's a picture of a couple of puffins I just finished. I've tried fragmentation before, but this is the first time that I like how it looks. The toes were painted on with black acrylic paint using the tip of a toothpick.