The Woodshop Shed

adventures in woodworking and home maintenance, from my shop in an oversized backyard shed

February 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
           


New diy dust system

Furnished content.
(from Lumberjocks.com)


New diy dust systemDecided to upgrade from my shop vac system to a DIY dust collection system. The estimated cost for my system was about $125. My wife caught the portable central mechanics dust system on sale for about $90 bucks. I found one of those cyclones for $24 buck online. I added a $10 dryer kit and $8 garbage can from Walmart. I decided to stick with all the existing 2.5 hoses I have for my shop vacs. I cut some strips of wood to mount everything to the wall getting it up off the floor. The 3/4 ply is mounted with 2.5 lag bolls into the studs. Mounted the dust engine with 1.5 lag bolts. I cut out some 1/4 melamine board to make the can top more sturdy. Took about 3 hours to assemble everything and test it, it was worth it.



Read more here

posted at: 12:00am on 26-Feb-2020
path: /Woodworking | permalink | edit (requires password)

Comments:
0 comments, click here to add the first



Saw till

Furnished content.
(from Lumberjocks.com)


Saw tillFinally built a saw till for myself. Quarter sawn oak and some funky pine. Even left room for a couple more saws.



Read more here

posted at: 12:00am on 26-Feb-2020
path: /Woodworking | permalink | edit (requires password)

Comments:
0 comments, click here to add the first



Wine Cabinet

Furnished content.
(from Lumberjocks.com)


Wine CabinetThis wine cabinet was inspired by the art form of stained glass windows and the flowing curve of a bottle of wine. It holds 10 bottles of wine on the lower racks and many additional odd sized bottles on the shelf above.
16 glasses will fit on the hanging racks above and miscellaneous wine openers, corks etc will find a home in the drawer.I couldn't decide if I wanted the box to be of cherry or maple so I made one of each. I hope to sell them both and make another for myself.The original plan was to fill the gaps between the mosaic pieces with Art Resin. But even after using a blowtorch to get the bubbles out there were still too many bubbles in the material – probably from the wood outgassiing I'm told. After three tries I gave up, routed all the inlay out and went back to what I know and that was to make little pieces of bubinga to fill the gaps.



Read more here

posted at: 12:00am on 26-Feb-2020
path: /Woodworking | permalink | edit (requires password)

Comments:
0 comments, click here to add the first



February 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
           


Promoted by Feed Shark





RSS (site)  RSS (path)

ATOM (site)  ATOM (path)

Categories
 - blog home

 - Announcements  (0)
 - Annoyances  (0)
 - For_Sale  (0)
 - Home_and_Garden  (0)
 - Humor  (0)
 - Industry_News  (0)
 - Massachusetts_USA  (0)
     - Swansea  (0)
 - Notices  (0)
 - Observations  (0)
 - Oddities  (0)
 - Privacy  (1)
 - Reading  (0)
     - Books  (0)
     - Ebooks  (0)
     - Magazines  (0)
     - Online_Articles  (0)
 - Reviews  (0)
 - Rhode_Island_USA  (0)
     - Providence  (0)
 - Shop  (0)
 - Shop_Improvements  (2)
 - Woodworking  (3763)
     - Projects  (2)
     - Resources  (3)
     - Techniques  (179)
     - Tips  (0)
     - Videos  (7)


Archives
 -2020  June  (3)
 -2020  May  (91)
 -2020  April  (87)
 -2020  March  (90)
 -2020  February  (84)
 -2020  January  (90)
 -2019  December  (91)
 -2019  November  (89)
 -2019  October  (89)
 -2019  September  (90)
 -2019  August  (92)
 -2019  July  (94)
 -2019  June  (89)


My Sites

 - Millennium3Publishing.com

 - SponsorWorks.net

 - ListBug.com

 - TextEx.net

 - FindAdsHere.com

 - VisitLater.com