While I haven't posted projects since last summer, that does not mean my workshop has been idle. Bookbinding has made good use of my woodworking tools and experience, initially in making the jigs needed for making books and trimming the text blocks. This project made it into LJ by using Baltic birch instead of chip board and instead of full leather covers, leather and wood veneer in half bound format. The bookbinding presses shown in the previous project worked well as veneer presses. The two crafts really play well together! The longer story plus some more photos are here: https://smortegav.blogspot.com/2020/02/twenty-years-of-valentines-cards-made.html
When I first started my woodworking business in 1990 I started out small, cutting out hundreds of shapes for local crafters to adorn with decorative painting. Thirty years later and I still have a few loyal customers who occasionally order more of the same. Like this pile of 120 gingerbread cutouts and 10 shamrocks cut from sugar pine milled to 5/8” thick. My first scroll saw was used RBI Hawk that I picked up for $300. It got a lot of use and performed so well that I bought a new RBI a few years later. I sold the old one which was still running fairly well for $200. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of both and over the years they allowed me to cut out thousands of shapes .