About a year ago on a previous post, I showed a wedding hope chest I made for my son and his new wife for their wedding in 2018. I had another son get married in 2019 so I made another hope chest (different design) from plans that I found online. It's made from walnut and maple. The frame (walnut) is put together with lap joints and tongue and groove joints. To hold the raised panels in place I made miniature quarter round (3/8×3/8). Attached that with a 20 gauge nailer. Much like the previous hope chest I made, the CNC engraving on the top really puts this project over the top and personalizes it. My wife works in a school district, so the graphic arts department and industrial tech department were awesome in helping us out. Finished the project with about 5 coats of wipe on poly. Was happy the way it turned out, but more importantly my daughter-in-law really likes it.
My BB round nose scraper handle broke apart. Good excuse to turn a new handle. Its laminated red oak and mesquite.Handle measure's about 16” and total tool length is around 23”. One coat sanding sealer and one coat wipe on poly finishes it off.
A storage unit I made to recover wasted space in my (quite small) RV. Even though it's thin, it serves a purpose in providing a perfect location for laptop and other personal electronics storage during travels.It's made from 1/2 inch baltic birch, glued and nailed. Curved ply was done by kerfing the back and bending it.The whole thing rests on the existing TV mount… and I added just a couple screws to keep it from rattling… so pretty much entirely reversible back to factory condition to ensure resale value.Finished with some stain and General Finishes High Performance, applied with an Earlex HVLP. (So easy this is now my go-to durable finish.)