I had the grand kids over during the summer looking for something to do. So I decided to give them the option of making clocks for their rooms. The first part with four of the grand kids is here.https://www.lumberjocks.com/projects/410706The continuation with two more grand kids is here. It's the same process as before but with two different wood selections. -They got to select their own wood-But, between the first group and the second group I found some more veneers. I spied the one that Savannah selected. It was a piece of veneer that had a color spot with some missing veneer that was in the shape of a heart. Just the thing for a girl. (Trying not to be sexiest in that statement) The top is the same veneer but didn't have the heart imperfection (or perfection if you prize it more)Brendon's was a little more difficult because it was a four way match of Madron Burl from Oregon You tape up two pieces and then two other pieces and then you run them through the saw to get a straight edge so that all 4 pieces are square. There was a slight broken piece where the 4 corners met, but then we drilled the hole for the clock motor and all was right with the world.They opted to go without any identification for the hours. Who needs that anyway.I great time was enjoyed by all. The parents were pleased that they found something to keep busy other than video games.Grandpa was glad that he got to share a little knowledge and spend some time with them.
As the title states this is a measuring board for our growing family. It's made of beech with the letters and numbers burned in with my laser engraver. All the lines are routed in then epoxy filled. The last picture is of a tee square that will be held in place by magnets for storage. The long piece is dovetailed into the small section that contains the magnet. The edge of the measuring board also contains its sister magnet. So the thought is for it to be used with long side coming out and laying ontop of the person or dog being measured head. Then used across the measuring board to make the line for the measurement on the board. Sorry I don't have a pic of it being held up the gel super glue is still drying and the magnets are 20lb pull so I'm sure it will pull out of the hole.