I have been wanting to play around with colored stain for a while now. The problem is that the dye the professionals use is out of my price range. So for this I found a water base white stain and I just added a little latex paint to it. Played around with the mixing until I found what I wanted and this is the result. I'm pretty excited as to how well these turned out.
Over the last two years I have been slowly building this guitar. The back and sides are East Indian Rosewood. The top is bear claw Sitka spruce. Bindings are quilted maple. The soundhole rosette and end graft are olive. I finally finished it today. It sounds really good. Mistakes were made but I learned a lot from the build and look forward to making more guitars.I documented the build on my Instagram account which is the same username as here on LJs onoitsmatt if anyone is interested in the whole process.